Your discount may be reduced or lost if you make a claim or a claim is made against you, even if you were not at fault, such as if your car was stolen. Some insurers will allow you to pay a sum that guarantees all or part of your no claims discount. The options available are usually Step back bonus protection or Full Bonus Protection. Depending on the insurer, you may be able to choose either, thereby protecting your no claims discount.
Articles in this section
- How Do I Retrieve My Car Insurance Quote When Webchat Agents Are Offline?
- What do I do if I need to use my AA Drivers Legal Protection Plan?
- What does the AA Drivers Legal Protection Plan cover?
- What is the difference between Full NCD protection, step-back NCD protection, no NCD protection?
- What is Comprehensive Car Insurance?
- Is the AA an insurance company?
- What is bonus protection?
- How many years no claims bonus do I have?
- Will you accept a foreign no claims bonus?
- How long is my no claims bonus valid for?