Named driving experience works on the similar basis as no claims discount. If you are named as a driver on someone else’s policy in the Republic of Ireland only you will earn a discount for your claims free years on that policy up to a limit of five years. To qualify for named driving experience: each year of driving experience should be consecutive; i.e. there should be no gaps in the cover. The end date of the most recent named driving period must be consecutive with the start date of your new policy. You need to provide a Letter(s) of Named Driving . Please note: Driving under an open drive policy does not count as driving experience.
Articles in this section
- What does the AA Drivers Legal Protection Plan cover?
- What is the difference between Full NCD protection, step-back NCD protection, no NCD protection?
- What is Comprehensive Car Insurance?
- Is the AA an insurance company?
- What is bonus protection?
- How many years no claims bonus do I have?
- Will you accept a foreign no claims bonus?
- How long is my no claims bonus valid for?
- What is a no claims bonus?