To transfer insurance, please visit our customer service page and one of our web-chat agents will be able help you.
Based on current rates there may be underwriter charges to transfer insurance. Permanent and Temporary transfers will also be subject to an administration charge.
What details will I need for a permanent or temporary change of vehicle?
To process a change of vehicle you will need to be able to answer the following questions:
- What is the registration number of the car you want cover on?
- What is the make, model and engine specification of the car you want cover on?
- Has the car you want cover on been imported?
- Is the car you want cover on a standard right hand drive?
- What is the value of the car you want cover on?
- Does the car you want cover on have an alarm or immobiliser?
- Has the car you want cover on ever been modified?
- What date and time to you need the cover to begin
- In the case of a temporary change of vehicle, what time and date do you want the cover to end?
FAQ's about Changing Vehicles
How long can I do a temporary change of vehicle for?
You can process a temporary change of vehicle for a maximum of 14 days at any one time. Depending on the policy underwriter, please see below limits for cover for each period of insurance:
- Allianz – Maximum 30 days’ cover in any one period of insurance
- AXA – Maximum 30 days’ cover in any one period of insurance
- Aviva – Maximum 31 days’ cover in any one period of insurance
Can I change my policy to cover a van?
We can arrange a temporary transfer to cover a van, certain criteria must be met before we can confirm any cover, please contact:
- Call Customer Service on 01-6179950
Can I add a second car to my car or van policy?
No, unfortunately a second car cannot be added on to an existing policy. However you can take out a second policy with the AA for the second vehicle. Please be aware you can only use your no claims bonus on one policy.