If you don't already have a policy with us then please read the 'AA Assumptions' at the bottom of this page.
When the Holiday Home becomes Unoccupied for a period greater than 48 hours it is a Condition Precedent that:
1. All accessible windows excluding bedroom windows are secured with window locks.
2. All external doors are secured with 5 lever mortice deadlocks, or equivalent locks.
3. Intruder alarms where installed are put into operation.
4. Fortnightly inspections of the Property inside and outside are made by You or Your representative.
5. Any accumulations of combustible materials such as junk mail and newspapers are removed during each inspection of the Holiday Home.
6. From April 1st to October 31st (inclusive) the water, gas and electricity supply are turned off at the mains unless the Alarm system or Central Heating system is dependent on the supply.
7. From 1st November to 31st March (inclusive), the water is turned off, system drained and the gas/electricity supply is turned off at the mains. The exception to this is if the Alarm system/Central heating is dependent on the supply and the Holiday Home is fitted with an operating thermostatically controlled heating system which maintains an air temperature higher than 5 degrees centigrade and the trap door(s) to the attic/loft are left open.
If you don't meet the criteria on the AA Assumptions above or already have an AA Home Insurance policy, please visit our customer service chat page at https://www.theaa.ie/aa/customer-service.aspx and one of our web-chat agents will be able help make sure you have the correct level of cover.