Generally a buildings insurance policy covers the home itself along with domestic outbuildings, drives, footpaths, walls, gates and fences. In addition all fitted kitchens, including integrated appliances, bathroom or bedroom built in units and laminated flooring.
Articles in this section
- Are my contents in my shed/outbuildings covered under my Home Insurance policy?
- I have landlord insurance, am I covered for stolen or damaged contents?
- In the event of a loss, how do I know what I am covered for?
- What is a Loss Adjustor?
- Can I organise any repairs myself?
- Is my mobile phone automatically covered?
- Are the contents in my garden covered?
- What would be deemed high risk items under contents insurance?
- What is the single limit on claiming for any one item?
- Do I have to specify my bike if I have cover for my outbuildings?